Senior Interior Designer
About SkB Architects
SkB is a Seattle based design firm with an established reputation for innovative and strategic thinking. We have a need for a Senior Interior Designer to join the firm’s studio in downtown Seattle. The firm practices in numerous project types including workplace, commercial, retail, hospitality, residential, and product design. The firm rewards an entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative attitude, and a business-minded perspective.
Qualitative - General Firm Expectations:
- Exhibit high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Contribute reasonable “sacrifice” (in the service of responsibility, accountability, and empathy to clients, projects, and teammates)
- Employ “rapid-prototyping” practices (producing multiple options, quickly to facilitate problem solving)
- Create client-oriented presentations so they “get it” and “want it”
- Convey firm “advocacy” both inside and outside the studio
- Work as an extension of the principals’ hands and creativity
- Work within a vibrant, high-energy environment and be adaptable to change on a regular basis
Quantitative - “Ideal” candidate should demonstrate the following skill set / knowledge base:
- Design – Ability to design exteriors and interiors that are spatially oriented and humanistic-ally driven using a holistic approach that considers material, color, texture, lighting, and furniture
- Programming – strong knowledge of programming techniques and ability to implement them with client and end-user groups.
- Documentation – strong knowledge of construction document production, consultant coordination, and detailing. Ability to both generate and direct production activities.
- Construction – knowledge of the construction process and ability to independently participate in the CA phase.
- Finishes – strong knowledge of the latest available materials and their appropriate applications, availability, and cost. Ability to independently generate and develop palettes.
- Furniture – strong knowledge of key commercial and residential furniture manufacturers’ product lines for use in firm projects. Ability to make selections and develop furniture specifications and budgets.
- Communication – strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas and strategies quickly, thoughtfully, and concisely. Hand sketching abilities are critical.
- Management – ability to be sensitive to project fees, budgets, schedules. Ability to manage design process and supervise workflow of design and production support staff.
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 12+ years related professional experience
- Proven design experience in similar project types and sizes and team structures
- Experience with and ability to use Revit, AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Word and Excel
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org