Senior Interior Designer
Qualitative - General Firm Expectations:
• Exhibit high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Contribute reasonable “sacrifice” (in the service of responsibility, accountability, and empathy to clients, projects, and teammates)
• Employ “rapid-prototyping” practices (producing multiple options, quickly to facilitate problem solving)
• Create client-oriented presentations so they “get it” and “want it”
• Convey firm “advocacy” both inside and outside the studio
• Work as an extension of the principals’ hands and creativity
• Work within a vibrant, high-energy environment and be adaptable to change on a regular basis
Quantitative - “Ideal” candidate should demonstrate the following skill set / knowledge base:
• Design – ability to design interiors that are spatially oriented and humanistically driven. Holistic approach that considers material, color, texture, lighting, and furniture.
• Programming – strong knowledge of programming techniques and ability to implement them with client and end-user groups.
• Documentation – strong knowledge of construction document production, consultant coordination, and detailing. Ability to both generate and direct production activities.
• Construction – knowledge of the construction process and ability to independently participate in the CA phase.
• Finishes – strong knowledge of the latest available materials and their appropriate applications, availability, and cost. Ability to independently generate and develop palettes.
• Furniture – strong knowledge of key commercial and residential furniture manufacturers’ product lines for use in firm projects. Ability to make selections and develop furniture specifications.
• Communication – strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas and strategies quickly, thoughtfully, and concisely. Hand sketching abilities are critical.
• Management – ability to be sensitive to project fees, budgets, schedules. Ability to manage design process and supervise workflow of design and production support staff.
• Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 8+ years related professional experience
• Proven design experience in similar project types and sizes and team structures
• Experience with and ability to use Revit, AutoCad, In-Design, Photoshop, and Microsoft Word and Excel