Senior Project Architect
We are a Seattle based design firm with an established reputation for innovative and strategic thinking. We have a need for a Senior Project Architect to join the firm’s office in downtown Seattle. The firm practices in numerous project types including workplace, commercial, retail, hospitality, residential, and product design. The firm rewards an entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative attitude, and a business-minded perspective.
Qualitative - General Firm Expectations:
- Exhibit high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Contribute reasonable “sacrifice” (in the service of responsibility, accountability, and empathy to clients, projects, and teammates)
- Employ “rapid-prototyping” practices (producing multiple options, quickly to facilitate problem solving)
- Create client-oriented presentations so they “get it” and “want it”
- Champion research and innovation in the processes and products of the firm
- Convey firm “advocacy” both inside and outside the studio
- Work within a vibrant, high-energy environment and be adaptable to change on a regular basis
Quantitative - “Ideal” candidate should demonstrate the following skillset / knowledge base:
Documentation and Coordination (Primary Job Focus) – to demonstrate a strong knowledge of current industry protocols as well as future directions regarding:
o Construction document production and use of BIM and other software systems
o Construction document set assembly and possible alternative approaches
o Technical detailing – particularly large scale (tower) shell and core or complex assemblies
o Specification writing
o Consultant coordination
o Construction administration and means and methods
o LEED and other sustainability approaches
o Quality assurance for in-house and consultant work product
Leadership – to collaborate in spearheading the technical development of the firm and work with firm leadership to define, refine, establish, and disseminate protocols and mentor staff.
Design – to guide, inform, and coordinate the technical development of architectural and interior design efforts. Ability to have holistic perspective on and sensitivity to considerations of space, systems, materials, color, texture, lighting, and furniture.
Research and Continuing Education – to investigate industry advancements and consider appropriate implementation to firm protocols.
Management – to work with project managers to strategize technical development of projects with regard to staffing, fee, budgets, schedules, and client management concerns. Ability to oversee workflow of design and production support staff for given projects.
Communication – to exhibit strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills. Ability to present ideas and strategies quickly, thoughtfully, and concisely. Ability to generate graphically appealing, solutions-oriented materials is critical.
Marketing – to participate in interviews as deemed suitable.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and minimum 10 years related professional experience
- Proven technical experience in mid-to-large scale shell and core projects – specifically envelope coordination and detailing. Experience in multi-family project types is advantageous.
- Software expertise:
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-up, and a specification writing program.
- General knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and In Design is preferable.
Apply to email@example.com