Senior Project Manager
We are a Seattle based design firm with an established reputation for innovative and strategic thinking. We have a need for a Senior Project Manager to join the firm’s office in downtown Seattle. The firm practices in numerous project types including workplace, commercial, retail, hospitality, residential, and product design. The firm rewards an entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative attitude, and a business-minded perspective.
Qualitative - General Firm Expectations:
- Exhibit high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Contribute reasonable “sacrifice” (in the service of responsibility, accountability, and empathy to clients, projects, and teammates)
- Employ “rapid-prototyping” practices (producing multiple options, quickly to facilitate problem solving)
- Create client-oriented presentations so they “get it” and “want it”
- Convey firm “advocacy” both inside and outside the studio
- Work within a vibrant, high-energy environment and be adaptable to change on a regular basis
Quantitative - “Ideal” candidate should demonstrate the following skill set / knowledge base:
- Management – strong ability to generate, negotiate, and maintain project contracts, fees, budgets, schedules, and internal work plans. Ability to manage design process and oversee workflow of design and production support staff for multiple projects in various phases at once.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas and strategies quickly, thoughtfully, and concisely. Ability to generate graphically appealing, managerially-oriented materials is critical.
- Marketing – familiarity with and ability to participate in RFP responses, interviews, after-hours events, etc. as deemed suitable.
- Design – ability to plan, direct, and coordinate architectural and interior design efforts. Ability to have holistic perspective on and sensitivity to considerations of space, systems, materials, color, texture, lighting, and furniture.
- Programming – knowledge of programming techniques and ability to implement them with client and end-user groups.
- Documentation – strong knowledge of construction document production, consultant coordination, and detailing. Ability to both direct (and assist when necessary) production activities.
- Construction – knowledge of the construction process and ability to independently provide clear direction during the CA phase.
- Finishes and Furniture – knowledge of and/or sensitivity to the incorporation of these components into the project process.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture and 10-15 years related professional experience
- Proven management experience in similar project types and sizes and team structures
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite (including Project), and general knowledge and ability to use Revit, AutoCad, and In-Design is preferable.
Apply to email@example.com